Can you believe it has been almost thirty years since “The Little Mermaid” was released? (Man, I feel old.) Now you can make this treasured animated musical “part of your world” with Disney’s “The Little Mermaid”, now available on Digital and Movies Anywhere. Plus, it will be out on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray soon – Tuesday, February 26th!
In honor of its 30th anniversary, two-time Academy Award-winner “The Little Mermaid” dives into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection with over 45 minutes of exciting all-new bonus features and a “fin-tastic” sing-along mode! The magical, musical tale of mermaid princess Ariel — along with loveable sidekicks Sebastian and Flounder, and the love-to-hate sea witch Ursula — is “shore” to make a splash with all generations. (OK, I’m done with the puns, I promise.)
Based on Hans Christian Andersen’s classic fairy tale about a beautiful mermaid princess who dreams of becoming human, “The Little Mermaid” was directed by John Musker and Ron Clements. It features the voice talents of Jodi Benson as Ariel, Pat Carroll as Ursula, Samuel E. Wright as Sebastian, Christopher Daniel Barnes as Eric, Kenneth Mars as Triton, Buddy Hackett as Scuttle, Jason Marin as Flounder and René Auberjonois as Chef Louis.
All-new bonus features include:
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.
- Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies Song – From the voice of a mermaid to the tunes of a muse, the music of Alan Menken has scored the soundtrack for some of Disney’s most iconic leading ladies. Join Alan, Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O’Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas Singing Voice), Lillias White (Calliope) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel) as we celebrate the music of their films in honor of the one that started it all … “The Little Mermaid.” In this discussion, the ladies will share their memories of musically creating their characters with Alan, discuss what it means to be part of the Disney Princess/leading lady legacy and create new memories as they sing with Alan around a baby grand piano.
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE” – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions.
- Stories From Walt’s Office – Gadgets & Gizmos – Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some of the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
- #TreasuresUntold – Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series “Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
- DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video
Of course, this edition features the classic bonus features from previous releases, as well. There’s so much to see!
The Little Mermaid Printable Activity Sheets
While you’re waiting for the release, you and your kids can enjoy a collection of The Little Mermaid Free Printables including coloring pages, word searches, and more!
Reader Giveaway: One lucky Jinxy Kids reader will receive The Little Mermaid Blu-ray/DVD/Digital combo pack. To enter, just complete the entry form below by 11:59 pm ET on 3/11/19. Good luck!
The Little Mermaid Blu-ray Combo Giveaway
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Laura is a former high school English teacher turned avid deal shopper following the birth of her first child. Now she’s a work-from-home mom of six which keeps her plenty busy! On the off chance she gets some free time you’ll find her with her nose in a book, spending time with family and friends, or enjoying a hot cup of coffee.