The Over-the-Edge Dice Addition Game is a fun math competition that’s all about the luck-of-the-roll and a fantastic way for kids to master addition.
Get ready to roll a big number with this fast-paced addition game. Each player takes turns rolling a die, racing to add up their points and reach the precise score of 50, without going over. If a player goes over 50, they have to start all over again at 0.
This game is a heart-pounding addition competition that’s all about the luck-of-the-roll. It’s also a fantastic way for your little one to master addition.
Over-the-Edge Dice Addition Game
What You Need:
- Scratch paper for each player
- Pencil for each player
- 2 or more players
What You Do:
- All players start with “0”.
- Ask the first player to roll the die and add “0” to it to find his new sum.
- Have him record his sum for the roll.
- Players should continue rolling, recording, and then passing the die and adding to their scores until one of the players reaches 50.
- When a player reaches 50, encourage then to shout, “50!” to add a little excitement to game play.
- For older kids looking for a bigger challenge, play the same game using multiplication instead. Ask the players what number they’d like to use as the winning number.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
I’m a busy blogger and happy auntie of Little R, who I spend time with several days per week – which ends up being the FAVORITE part of my week! We love to cook together, do crafts, play outside and turn boring errands into fun adventures.