Are you looking to make learning a fun activity for your child? If so, check out ABCmouse!
ABCmouse Early Learning Academy is a KidSAFE+, COPPA Certified site, designed for kids ages 2 to 8. It offers a full online curriculum featuring over 10,000 individual learning activities featuring games, puzzles, songs, and other kid-friendly content.
You can try it for FREE for 30 days (then it costs $12.99 per mo. until canceled)! If you are looking to use the curriculum longer term, it is on sale for $45 for the whole year (until canceled). Find out why parents love ABCMouse as an effective, easy tool to manage while being FUN for the kids.
With ABCmouse, you have an expertly planned online learning experience that gives your kids a digital world full of games, colors, and fun.
As an award-winning early learning academy for children ages 2-8, ABCmouse places thousands of learning activities right at your child’s fingertips. Every detail is carefully planned to give your kids the best learning environment possible. Some details of ABCmouse include:
- Design: Teachers and learning experts mapped out ABCmouse to seamlessly align with what children learn in school. But parents and kids can still explore the site out of order or even customize their own path to success.
- Virtual classroom: On this page, students can access their full curriculum by clicking buttons like “Reading,” “Math,” “Puzzles,” and “Art and Colors.”
- Learning Path: This feature guides kids from one activity to the next. It also organizes all the activities on the site into a simple, step-by-step curriculum, allowing kids to make steady progress as they complete activities.
- The numbers: All told, ABCmouse spreads more than 10,000 activities across ten different levels, which amounts to hundreds of hours of learning content. Plus, new games, lessons, and activities are added constantly so kids never run out of things to work on.
Highlights of ABCmouse:
ABCmouse is an Award-Winning curriculum! ABCmouse has received a Mom’s Choice Gold Award, Teachers’ Choice Award, and Parents’ Choice GOLD Award. In addition, it is considered a KidSAFE+, COPPA Certified site.
The content on ABCmouse is so versatile, you can learn from anywhere! ABCmouse can be accessed from a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
As an educator and parent, offering high-quality learning opportunities is extremely important. Knowing that there has been time spent researching age appropriate activities is a huge plus.
The activity choices on ABCmouse captivate a chid’s attention, provide entertainment, and offer educational value while in a fun interactive atmosphere. I feel good knowing that my child’s time is being spent building upon their foundational school skills.
What Makes ABCmouse Unique?
ABCmouse is personalized to you! When adding your child’s profile to the account, kids get to help customize their preferences and avatar. As you complete your registration, a video introduces you to all the site’s content and activities, allowing for understanding and easier navigation. You can even register up to three children per account!
Once your child is registered, you are ready to explore. Simply choose a button from the top of the homepage to start exploring the activities. Read books, play games based on educational content, paint pictures, listen to music, watch videos, and more! ABCmouse’s Ticket and Reward system motivates kids to continue learning more!
When you log back in, the site welcomes you back by name! My five-year-old was so excited when they used his name! Continue to look through the games based on the site’s recommendations which are sorted by category, or choose your activity based on your preference that day.
What Information Is Included within Each Subject on ABCmouse?
The curriculum included within ABCmouse has been researched and supports learning across all environments. There are several subject areas, including Reading, Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Art and Colors.
- Reading and Language Arts
- Uppercase and lowercase letter recognition
- Rhyming words and word families
- More than 450 books and beginning readers
- Sentence structure
- Parts of speech
- The reading curriculum spans the entire range of early reading, from learning the names of each letter and the sounds they represent to being able to read books. The books start with a few words on a page and gradually advance to paragraph length.
- The curriculum for first grade includes writing and language skills, such as sentence structure and punctuation, parts of speech, and practice with writing genres.
- Recognizing and counting numbers 1–120
- The base ten system
- Place value
- Addition and subtraction
- Names and attributes of 2D and 3D shapes
- Length, time, and money measurement
- Activities within math teach numbers, addition and subtraction, shapes, patterns, measurements, and more! The games and creative activities make math fun while giving young learners the practice they need to build a strong foundation for success.
- The World Around Us – Science and Social Studies
- The body and health
- Plants and animals
- Weather, climate, and the seasons
- Earth’s environments
- Regions of the United States
- The Solar System
- Matter and its properties
- The science and social studies curriculum helps children understand the world they live in and inspires curiosity.
- Art and Colors
- Primary and secondary colors
- Shades of colors
- Paint-by-number activities
- Number and letter dot-to-dots
- This unique drawing and painting program gives children of all ages the opportunity to use lines, shapes, and colors to create original works of art. Games, books, paint-by-number activities, and puzzles teach children to name and use a variety of colors.
Activities within ABCmouse:
Not only do the subject areas provide a great depth of content, but there is variety in the types of activity choices.
- ABCmouse’s curriculum includes hundreds of highly entertaining animated activities, each teaching a specific learning topic. From Prospector Paul discovering new letter combinations to King Grammar explaining proper nouns to his villagers, these animated videos engage children while they learn.
- ABCmouse features hundreds of fun and interactive games, each designed to teach a specific educational concept. Your child can play games to learn the alphabet, to learn new words, to learn about numbers and shapes, and even to learn about the planets! Since all of the games on the site include voiced instructions, they are easy for even young children to learn and play.
- With more than 450 traditional and original stories and nonfiction books. The library opens a door to worlds of knowledge, adventure, and fun for children. Every topic of the curriculum is explained in child-friendly language in one of our library books.
- The music collection features original songs about every letter of the alphabet and many other topics of our curriculum, as well as newly produced and recorded children’s classics. The variety of music on the site not only reinforces the other subjects but also introduces children to a range of musical styles and themes. Your child will love to sing along!
- Find hundreds of jigsaw and cutout puzzles designed to help develop problem solving and critical thinking skills. Puzzles also help children remember important ideas and skills in reading, math, science, art, social studies, and music. There are puzzles for every letter of the alphabet, sight words, stories, numbers, shapes, animals, the base-ten number system, elements of fiction stories, and many, many other topics.
- With many different types of art activities—including coloring pages, dot-to-dots, paint-by-numbers, traceables, and printables, ABCmouse.com helps children learn reading, math, and other subjects while they are expressing themselves artistically.
- There are more than 2,000 printable activities across reading, math, art and colors, and more. Continue learning offline with printable activities that include letter and number tracing, coloring, dot-to-dot pictures, paint-by-number drawings, mazes, and pattern recognition activities.
Extra Features within ABCmouse:
Not only do the kids have highly interactive activities to work through, but parents are also able to easily track their progress. Combine this progress report with the tools available in the Assessment Center to fully understand your where your child is at academically. This information can also provide insight to areas that may need extra practice.
- Track your child’s progress
- It’s easy to see how much progress your child is making with the ABCmouse Progress Tracker. In addition to the display of total number of learning activities completed in each category (books, songs, puzzles, games, and art), there are easy-to-read graphs that show progress both by academic level and by curriculum subject.
- Ticket and Reward system
- ABCmouse encourages children to complete learning activities by rewarding them with tickets. Tickets can be used to “purchase” virtual items on the site, such as new fish for the classroom. The Tickets and Rewards System makes learning a game and also teaches important math skills as children keep track of tickets earned and spent.
- Customizable Avatar
- The avatar is a character that your child can choose to represent them while on ABCmouse. There’s a broad choice of avatar features and clothing, and other avatar-related items that can be purchased with tickets.
- Interactive Zoo
- ABCmouse’s zoo allows children to interact with realistic zoo animals, including elephants, lions, monkeys, zebras, penguins, and more! Learn facts about each animal and read books, play games, and do puzzles and art activities for each one.
- Your child can choose exotic tropical fish and other items to put in the Classroom Aquarium and learn lots of interesting fish facts at the same time.
- Interactive Farm
- ABCmouse’s interactive farm features horses, chickens, cows, and more! Watch beautiful animations of our farm animals, learn fun and interesting facts about each one, and do farm-related activities!
ABCmouse Offers Content for Older Children Too!
Are you looking for content for an older child? Maybe your children span a larger age range than 2-8 years, or you maybe you want to extend learning for your 8-year-old.
Adventure Academy is an option to purchase as well, which is designed for kids 8 to 13 years old.
An Assessment Center is another feature of the curriculum that can be used to track your child’s progress. You can sign up to try this the Assessment Center feature FREE for 30 days as well. Normally, the Assessment Center is $3.95/month until canceled.
Is ABCmouse Worth It?
When you join ABCmouse, you are joining a community! Along with email communication from the company, you are invited to join their Facebook Group for New Member Orientation. The group provides parent tips, teacher guidelines, printable resources, and more!
As stated on their site, many families enjoy ABCmouse. I would agree that it offers age-appropriate educational activities with specific learning objectives that engage your child, while they maintain attention and learn through the process.
Some reviews from other families include:
“ABCmouse is amazing! My children are excited to learn and they don’t want to stop. I’m so glad that I made the decision to invest in my children’s education by signing up with ABCmouse.com. Thank you! I’m a happy mother!”
—Mother of 3- and 5-year–old girls
“My daughter LOVES ABCmouse.com. She wakes too excited because she can’t wait to learn. It’s simple for her to learn new things and there are so many ways for her to do so. Kudos to the maker of this. It’s the best money, in my opinion, that I ever spent.”
—Mother of a 4–year–old girl
“Thank you for your excellent site. My 6–year–old loves playing on here, and he has been learning so much. He just finished kindergarten and was still struggling with some things. We were going to put him in a summer program but now that he has this site, he doesn’t need that. You have helped him with his reading and spelling, and I couldn’t have asked for anything better.”
—Mother of a 6–year–old boy
With so many activity options, it seems that you could continue to explore ABCmouse daily and find something new each time. My five-year-old really enjoys ABC.
Not only do the games and activities hold his attention, but they are teaching school skills in a fun, creative way! He enjoys this app so much that he asks to play it each day.
If you have been wanting to try ABCmouse for YOUR kids, now is the time to do it!! Try it free for 30 days HERE! (Then it will cost $12.99 per month until it is canceled.)
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Kim has worked in the field of Education prior to staying home to spend more time with her three children. She enjoys hunting for deals, especially on everyday items and family outings.
Kim has grown up and continues to live in Central Minnesota. She enjoys being active outdoors, gardening, attending sporting events, and spending time with her family.