The first thing you think of when you hear the name “Woody Woodpecker” is his distinctive laugh, right? I definitely do! I’m sure we’re not the only ones, as Woody Woodpecker has been entertaining kids for more than 75 years! Now you can own the live action debut of Woody Woodpecker when it arrives on DVD, Digital, and On Demand on February 6, 2018.
Chaos ensues in the all-new family comedy, Woody Woodpecker, from Universal 1440 Entertainment, a production entity of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. The film blends live action and CGI animation to tell the crazy and humorous story of an all-out turf war between the mischievous prankster and a big city lawyer who wants to build his dream home in Woody’s backyard. Directed by Alex Zamm, Woody Woodpecker stars Timothy Omundson, Thaila Ayala, Graham Verchere, Jordana Largy, and Eric Bauza as the voice of Woody.
Here’s a peek at the official trailer:
Woody Woodpecker is back with his signature laugh, wacky antics and wisecracks in his first ever live-action/animated film. Woody must protect his forest home from Lance Walters (Omundson), who starts building his dream mansion in the forest with his son, Tommy (Verchere), and fiancée, Vanessa (Ayala). To make matters worse, Woody must avoid the clutches of two grizzly poachers. With a series of crazy hijinks to sabotage their plans, Woody proves he’ll stop at nothing to defend his turf. Get ready for laughs in this hilarious comedy about everyone’s favorite woodpecker!
Besides the full-length movie, the DVD + Digital release also includes some fun bonus features:
- Guess Who? The Evolution of Woody – Woody Woodpecker is one of the world’s most iconic animated characters. In this featurette, we explore how Woody’s look and personality have changed since his introduction in 1940.
- The Making of Woody Woodpecker – Filmmakers and cast discuss why this version of the Woody character is so appealing and how his brand of physical humor translates across audiences.
- Working with Woody – Filmmakers, cast and crew reveal the specific challenges of filming a movie whose main character is CGI.
And we can’t forget about the awesome music from the movie! It’s all included on the Woody Woodpecker soundtrack available February 2nd! The tracks include:
- The Woody Woodpecker Song – Alex Geringas
- Surfin’ Bird – Randy Crenshaw & The Kids
- Everybody Thinks I’m Crazy – Eric Bauza feat. Tha Vill
- What I Like About You – The Kids
- Troublemaker – Blaze n Vill
- What a Day – KNOTS
- Create a Country Estate – Chris Hajian
- Pristine and Untouched – Chris Hajian
- Sucker for Peanut Butter – Chris Hajian
- Dinner for Four – Chris Hajian
- A Highly Territorial Bird – Chris Hajian
- Need a Guitarist – Chris Hajian
- Poachers Lodge – Chris Hajian
- Peanut Butter – Chris Hajian
- A Regular Pablo Peck-Caso – Chris Hajian
- Happen – Chris Hajian
- A Misunderstood Gesture – Chris Hajian
- Want the Woodpecker Back – Chris Hajian
- Your Turn to Live in a Cage – Chris Hajian
- Woody’s New Home – Chris Hajian
Reader Giveaway: One lucky Jinxy Kids reader will win a copy of Woody Woodpecker on DVD + Digital and a copy of the Woody Woodpecker soundtrack! To enter, just complete the entry form below 11:59 pm ET on 2/12/18. Good luck!
Woody Woodpecker DVD + Digital Giveaway
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Laura is a former high school English teacher turned avid deal shopper following the birth of her first child. Now she’s a work-from-home mom of six which keeps her plenty busy! On the off chance she gets some free time you’ll find her with her nose in a book, spending time with family and friends, or enjoying a hot cup of coffee.
This was my mom’s fave when I was growing up. Of course, I remember the laugh. 🙂 Looking forward to snuggling with my kiddo for this one. 🙂
Vikki Billings says
I can not wait to snuggle up with my grandson and watch Woody Woodpecker, I loved this cartoon as a child.
Buddy Garrett says
As Sheriff Roscoe Coltrane would say Are you kidding me? I grew up watching Woody Woodpecker with all of the other classic cartoons such as Yogi bear, Huckleberry Hound,etc. I would love to watch it with our daughter.
Philip Lawrence says
I remember that sound/laughter that he would make at the end of each cartoon. I would like to watch it with my grandchild to share what I used to enjoy when I was her age.
Eileen Boyce says
I remember his laugh. Going to snuggle with granddaughter.
Cassandra D says
Yes, I watch a little bit as a kid.
Tim Moss says
I know I saw it as a kid but I honestly don’t remember much about it. I’d probably watch it with my wife.
Jerry Marquardt says
I used to watch Woody Woodpecker when I was a child. I would love to watch it with my nephew.