You’ll want to head to Netflix with your kids today. Why? Because Netflix’s newest series for kids, “ Bottersnikes & Gumbles” has just been released! The “Bottersnikes & Gumbles” series is all about a fantasy kingdom of rusting junk and abandoned things from the human world, based on a beloved series of children’s books. I was lucky enough to screen this show early and I give it two thumbs up! I loved how they brought a book series to life with fun animations so that an entirely new generation of kids can experience the magic and fantasy of the Bottersnikes & Gumbles!
I’m not the only one who enjoyed the show. Bottersnikes & Gumbles earned this year’s Pulcinella Award for Best Kids TV Series at the international animation festival, Cartoons on the Bay, in Venice and was nominated for a Logie Award in Australia for Most Outstanding Children’s Program!
The show is recommended for ages 6-9 and I think that is super appropriate. The characters on this show get into some fun adventures and humorous situations, but the dialogue is a little much for the younger kids.
Do you think you will like the Gumbles or the Bottersnikes better? Here are a few fun facts about both:
Meet the Gumbles:
- The Gumbles are Tink, Willi, Bounce, Happi, Merry, Float, Jolli and Toot
- They live on The Junk Highway in a Gumble Tree with an old school bus on it
- They are fun loving, resourceful thrill seekers who can squash and stretch into any direction
- Gumbles like gumbling around which is an extreme and exciting cross between parkour, free climbing and base jumping
- Their favorite snack is grubs
Meet the Bottlesnikes:
- The Bottersnikes are The King, Chank, Weathersnike, Gubbo, Smiggles, Glob and Snorg
- They live in Snike Hill and are ruled by The King Bottersnike
- They’re mean spirited, selfish, lazy, stinky, mostly evil creatures
- They’re half the size of a human adult, with hard scaly skin, sharp teeth, claws and ears that glow red hot when they get angry, which is most of the time 😉
- Bottlesnikes eat junk, rusty nails, but their favorite food is mattress stuffing
- They are afraid of water because they shrink when they get wet
Learn more about Bottersnikes & Gumbles by visiting their website, and be sure to tune into Netflix on Friday, August 19th to experience the fun episodes that I screened!
- About the Author
- Latest Posts