Just the other day my kids were bemoaning the fact that their Valentine’s Day candy is pretty much gone. They were asking me if there’s such a thing as Advent calendars for Easter, and I started saying “No, but that would be a good idea…” when I remembered – DUH, Easter baskets!
Truth be told, I’ve never done Easter baskets for my kids, but I promised my kids that this would be the year that I would start. But I don’t want to just put candy in them; I want to put in other fun goodies that they can enjoy for more than just a moment!
Nick Jr. has two new collections available on DVD tomorrow, March 5! Check out Top Wing: Eggcellent Missions and Nick Jr: Meet the Baby Animals for your younger kiddos. Either or both collections would be great to add to pop into your kids’ Easter baskets!
First off, soar through the skies with the Top Wing team in the high-flying collection, Top Wing: Eggcellent Missions. Fans can join the high-flying Top Wing cadets for eight egg-citing missions as they save Sandy Stork’s eggs, recover their vehicles from Cheep and Chirp’s cousins, help Rod prove he’s a rooster, not a chicken and so much more.
Just in time for Easter, this action-packed DVD also includes egg-stra fun Top Wing stickers! Produced by Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and distributed by Paramount Home Media Distribution, Top Wing: Eggcellent Missions will be available on DVD March 5, 2019 for the suggested retail price of $10.99.
Top Wing: Eggcellent Missions includes the following episodes:
- Top Wing’s Eggcellent Rescue – When Sandy Stork loses her glasses and mixes up the eggs in her delivery, the Top Wing cadets race to get the eggs to the right homes before they hatch.
- The Great Flash Wing Rescue – The cadets rescue Cheep, Chirp and Swift’s Flash Wing vehicle after Baddy McBat takes the jet with the chicks inside.
- Chicks on the Loose – After Cheep and Chirp’s little cousins take off in the cadets’ vehicles, team Top Wing must rescue the chicks and their own rides.
- Cadet for a Day – When lucky students get to be “Cadets for a Day,” team Top Wing, and their junior cadets, end up having to rescue their teacher.
- Beaver Dam Rescue – When Ward Beaver accidentally breaks the dam, team Top Wing flies to the rescue.
- Rod’s Beary Brave Save – Rod proves he’s “a rooster, not a chicken,” when he finds a cute, little bear cub lost in Haunted Cave.
- Rod Cockadoodle Didn’t – Swift jets to the rescue when Rod’s loud, exuberant singing gets him trapped in an avalanche.
- Rooster Brewster – When the cadets accidentally lose Rod’s favorite toy, they race against the clock to get it back before he returns.
I also really like the idea of the other new collection as it pulls together episodes from several different shows! Get ready for cuteness overload with Nick Jr: Meet the Baby Animals. Preschoolers can meet some adorable baby animals in episodes of fan-favorite Nickelodeon shows PAW Patrol, Bubble Guppies, Shimmer and Shine and more.
Viewers can join the PAW Patrol pups as they rescue a baby dolphin; journey to Misha the Animal Genie’s island with Shimmer and Shine; and save a baby fire beetle with Blaze and his Monster Machine friends. Produced by Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and distributed by Paramount Home Media Distribution, Nick Jr: Meet the Baby Animals will be available on DVD March 5, 2019 for the suggested retail price of $10.99.
Nick Jr: Meet the Baby Animals DVD includes the following episodes:
- PAW Patrol: Pups Save a Dolphin Pup – The pups and Cap’n Turbot help a lost baby dolphin get back to the bay.
- PAW Patrol: Pups Save a Flying Kitty – A baby eagle hides in Skye’s copter and needs to be returned to its mother.
- Shimmer and Shine: A Lightning Colt for Shaya – The girls travel with Lightning Genie Shaya to an island where they meet the Animal Genie who looks after all kinds of animals.
- Shimmer and Shine: A Special Delivery – Shimmer and Shine tell the story of meeting their pets, Tala and Nahal, with the Animal Genie’s help.
- Blaze and the Monster Machines: Spark Bug – Blaze, Stripes and AJ use speed and smarts in an epic jungle race to return a baby fire beetle to its volcano home.
- Bubble Guppies: The Oyster Bunny! – The Guppies learn all about baby animals during their search for the elusive Oyster Bunny.
- SPECIAL BONUS EPISODE: Top Wing: Brody Goes Home
Reader Giveaway: One lucky Jinxy Kids reader will win both Top Wing: Eggcellent Missions and Nick Jr: Meet the Baby Animals on DVD. To enter, just complete the entry form below by 11:59 pm ET on 3/18/19. Good luck!