While there are lots of Disney classics, there are a few films that land right at the top of the list of the best and most beloved. “Pinocchio” is considered one of the greatest animated films ever made, with two Academy Awards (for best original score and best original song “When You Wish Upon a Star”) as well as a rare 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Now, it is ready to delight a whole new generation of dreamers with its masterful animation, unforgettable characters and award-winning music as it arrives for the first time on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on Jan. 10, and on Blu-ray™ and DVD on Jan. 31 with hours of new and classic bonus features.
Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio’s smart and adorable friend, is one of my all-time favorite Disney characters. I totally loved him the vintage “I’m No Fool” series and that never would have come about if it wasn’t for his original appearance in Pinocchio!
The Walt Disney Signature Collection release includes hours of classic bonus material and exclusive features including a reinvented rendition of “When You Wish Upon a Star” created and performed by music influencers from Disney’s Maker Studios; never-before-seen artwork from the film’s Pleasure Island sequence; archival recordings of Walt himself during “Pinocchio” production; and a recently restored and scored 1927 short featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
About the Film:
“Pinocchio” tells the tale of wood-carver Geppetto’s beloved puppet who embarks on a thrilling quest – with faithful friend Jiminy Cricket – that tests his bravery, loyalty and honesty, all virtues he must learn to fulfill his heart’s desire: to become a real boy.
BLU-RAY, DIGITAL HD* & DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE:
· Walt’s Story Meetings: Pleasure Island – The Pleasure Island scene in “Pinocchio” had much more development than what is seen in the film. Join Pixar’s Pete Docter and Disney historian and author J.B. Kaufman as they explore artwork recently discovered in Disney’s animation research library revealing some of the attractions, gags and games, which Disney animators created for this iconic location of the film, that never made it on screen.
· In Walt’s Words – “Pinocchio” – Hear Walt himself discuss the making of “Pinocchio” through archival recordings and interviews.
· The Pinocchio Project: “When You Wish Upon a Star” – Music influencers Alex G, Tanner Patrick and JR Aquino from Disney’s Maker Studios, a global leader in short-form videos, gather in a creative workspace to create their rendition of the film’s signature song, “When You Wish Upon a Star,” and produce a fresh new music video.
· Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in “Poor Papa” – This recently restored and scored 1927 short features Oswald the Lucky Rabbit who gets multiple visits from the stork and is forced to attempt various methods to help stop the onslaught of baby deliveries.
· Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as the making of “Pinocchio,” deleted scenes, sing-alongs, storyboards and theatrical trailers.
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
Printable Pinocchio Activity Sheets:
For some more Pinocchio fun, we have some free printable Pinocchio activity sheets here. They include a maze, crossword puzzle, word search, Figaro coloring page and “find the fish” game.
Enter our reader giveaway HERE!
Pages: 1 2